CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

The news

Ok so this week has been pretty crazy! So get excited for the update...

Monday: So we didn’t end up hiking because the place we wanted to go is out of our area. Those mission rules get you every time!! Anyway we did go for a nice walk around Lake Wilderness it was very beautiful, we loved it!! Then we went to dinner and then exchanges. I think I mentioned before my companion is the training sister so I do these about once a week.... anyway I went to Renton with Sister Jones she is from Bountiful UT and is very nice. She has a degree in Physics which is pretty cool. We visited some families tonight and asked them to invite someone to have us teach. Like L. Tom Perry talked about in Conference the best finders are you guys... so I hope you all are doing your part to help the work along. Anyway good day

Tuesday: We went tracting, not fun.... this is my least favorite thing to do but I do it anyway!! The weather was really beautiful so that was a plus!! We taught this great guy later that night, James, he is about 19 and having a really hard time the lesson went great and he is on date for baptism. My favorite part was his prayer he was so sweet and simple. It was amazing how much faith you could feel in his words. Then the surprise call came.... unexpected Transfer so weird my trainer Sister Laucher was transfered and Sister Bush came here. This was a little crazy for me I feel like I was just getting comfortable with her and so it was hard to have this happen.

Wednesday: Sister Lauchner and I went to zone conference which was fun and I saw my good friend Elder Hughes from the MTC. He is so cool we had so much fun. President Moffat talked a lot about how we need to focus on having the members find our referrals for us; these referrals are priceless. So we now can only teach members and go to their homes if we extend a commitment to them. It is pretty cool. Anyway I am excited to try it out. So after Zone Conference my new companion came to the house her name is Sister Bush she is so great very focused on the work. This is her first time training. We are doing great together, we laugh a lot, and work a lot... it is pretty great. She is from California and is tiny. Super cute and fun!

Thursday: First day with Sister Bush, it is so funny because neither of us knows where anything is or really who anyone is, we had some great lessons. We did service today which was fun until we lost our cell phone... well Sister Bush lost it anyway. We looked for hours to no avail. The zone leaders had to get us a new one but we were uncontactable for about a day and a half :) we don’t need no cell phone!!! Dan Jones didn’t have one or Samuel Smith or the apostle Paul... so we are good :) In our lessons I especially loved meeting with Sister Baise she is so wonderful. She is the foster parent for 7 kids and just has so much love. She is having a hard time and we were able to share an inspiring Easter message got to love Easter!! She is amazing I really admire her!! Anyway we are working really hard to get 2 baptisms this month to reach our mission and companion goal. We have Sara and will put her on date this weekend. YEAH!!! And Justin is back on date. It is so amazing how the Lord works miracles!!!

Friday: This was a long day and I was so tired.... basically I have to take a nap everyday now. I feel like a senior citizen but it is true!! I haven’t taken one all week because of the crazy changes and stuff and I am feeling it (sorry I always change tenses it confuses me to write these update) Anyway we had a fun day taught these cute kids about Easter. Also taught some interesting people!!! Oh well it is all the Lord’s work :)

Saturday: Hard, we tried so hard all day to find anyone to talked to... all of our appointments canceled and we couldn’t find a soul home. We went to visit a former investigator she was really unfriendly to say the least. We couldn’t even find a member to talk to.... but then when we got back to the apartment and after all that it was awesome; we had calls from two investigators saying they would be at church. It was an awesome miracle, we were jumping around and dancing it was great!! Yeah the Lord is aware of us!!! Anyway Myfa our new investigator has come to church 2x and she has been reading the book of Mormon everyday; doesn’t get much better than that!!

Sunday: Went to two sacraments with investigators at both. Loved it, good Easter musical message. Then had dinner at a families home which was fun.... ok funny story my first week here these Elders told me everyday they pray for food very specifically it is really funny. Basically they ask for what they want and lo and behold the Lord provides it; I am serious. They said it works daily which is funny because we are only suppose to eat at members home's Sunday & Monday :) So last Monday I told Sister Lauchner I prayed that we'd have funeral potatoes on Easter.... and guess what we did! I guess this really works!! Oh we got faith, yes we do!! It was a busy day... talked to a lot of investigators it was very good!!!

Monday:So far went running this morning, then studied, and then here to the library. Oh one thing Jillian is having a girl, so I guess I really am psychic. I should get paid for this... right?!!
Love you All,
Sister Graf

1 comments:

Brenda E said...

I love that you are getting so old and have to take naps daily. You crack me up Lindsay. Wow, if only that faith worked for finding the cell phone too. Maybe you tried, and it just wasn't in the cards. We lost the car keys in the car one time luckily the door was unlocked and we looked and looked, and then I suggested we pray about it. Afterwards I thought to reach down under the seat a place we had already looked, but somehow missed the keys the first time and there they were.