CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Letter 2

March 25th
Day 1
Well it's very cold and wet here. When we got off the plane the Mission President and his wife were there to greet us with the APS. I rode with the Pres. and his wife. After a long day of training I met my companion Sister Lauchner. She is really fun and out going. We set off and have been working ever since.
DAY 2
We had zone conference and tracted today... hard work!
Day 3
We taught a less active family and it was awesome! I am loving the people here. I love teaching! I think I am learning so much. I love to study but it really helps the learning process when I am able to teach.
Day 4
Today was also awesome! I got the cutest scarf from my sister Annica... I wear it all the time! I love getting mail. We taught this awesome family today. My heart is continually growing and learning to see people from Christ's perspective. I love the people so much... I didn't even know it was possible!
Day 5
Today was my best day yet! As a companionship we are trying to find new investigators. So pray for us. Then we had all these miracles. Saturday before we even left the house this family called and told us they had invited this lady to church and afterwards we could come and teach her; amazing! Then we found another woman interested and full of questions. She even invited us back to teach her whole family. Then we went to a baptism and another lady had brought a friend who was wanting lessons. It was pretty much the best day. After talking with that young woman I was totally blown away! :) I even asked Sister Lauchner if she'd paid the girl to be a golden investigator??? ;) It was a good day!
Day 6
Today was good. I love church and taking the Sacrament. An investigator came to church and had questions and might take the discussions. It was really good and I am excited. It was a hard day though because an investigator cancelled his baptism date... he just didn't feel ready yet. It was sad but we just have to be prayerful. Well, that is the update. I love being here... I just can't believe how much I love it! The church is true!!!

2 comments:

Brenda E said...

Make sure he is reading and praying. People have a tendancy to fall in love with the spirit the missionaries bring, but a testimony of the Book of Mormon is essential. Weird I was wondering if you blogged while a missionary, cause it seems to be easier for journal keeping, and scrapbooking combo.

Marisa said...

Brenda-
This is Marisa and as noted in the side bar... Linz sends her letters/ updates along with pics to me and I blog them! She wanted me to be clear because missionaries aren't suppose to be doing blogs. This is just a blog I do for her!!! :)